COVID-19 Support & Resources
Our mission at Center for Family Strengthening (CFS) is to strengthen families through education and advocacy. Our programs remain operational and we are committed to serving our community during this unusual time.
We continue to work closely with family support organizations in SLO County to provide resources to families in need and help mitigate the stressors that put children at risk for abuse and neglect. All families, especially those in vulnerable social and economic situations, need our support now.
Please stay informed and connected:
California Launches New Comprehensive, Consumer-Friendly Website and Public Service Announcements to Boost COVID-19 Awareness. More information here.
On Wednesday, March 18, 2020 the Emergency Services Director for San Luis Obispo County issued a Shelter at Home Order for the County of San Luis Obispo. This order takes effect on Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
National Health Information: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Local Health and Safety Information: San Luis Obispo County Public Health Department
Food delivery support for seniors, disabled individuals, those with health issues that cannot leave their home, and mental health resources:
Family Resources & Support
- School closures. Please check with your School District website for accurate information about closures in your community:
- Free meals for children 0 – 18 in SLO County. Drive through location information in English and Spanish. https://www.slofoodbank.org/food-locator/
- For parenting resources and support visit Parent Connection of San Luis Obispo County or call Gwendolyn Garcia Program Coordinator at, (805) 543-3700.
- For family resources and support in Spanish, please call the Promotores Collaborative of San Luis Obispo County Program Coordinator Fernanda Lucas at (805) 462-7135. The San Luis Obispo County Promotores continue working diligently to ensure that they are providing resources in Spanish and support by phone to the Latino Community in this time of need. They are connecting families with resources, providing updates on the food bank distributions, and sharing kids’ activity websites. The Promotores continue providing interpretation for Monolingual families at all the Behavioral Health Clinics of San Luis Obispo County. They are also assisting at Food Bank Distribution at North County sites.
- Pregnancy & Parenting Support of SLO County serves families with children 0 – 2 years old and is open by appointment only. Call the office at 805-541-3367, leave a message and they will call back to schedule an appointment. Supplies available include diapers, wipes, formula, infant and toddler clothing, and more.
Our COVID-19 message on the CFS website will be updated as new information emerges. Please check our website and follow us on Facebook to gain access to current resources and information for children and families.
Guided by the recommendations of the WHO, CDC and the SLO County Public Health Department, Center for Family Strengthening will remain updated on information related to COVID-19 in order to make informed decisions about how we can keep our community safe, healthy and supported.
Thank you for your ongoing support for CFS and all the families we serve in San Luis Obispo County. Together we ensure that strong, healthy families are a community priority.
Lisa Fraser, Executive Director
Center for Family Strengthening