SLO-CAP puts together a yearly “Public Awareness Campaign” to educate the public about one aspect of child abuse in particular and child abuse in general.
[smooth=id: 4; width:340; height:220; timed:true; arrows:true; carousel:false; links:true; info:false; align:float_right; frames:true; delay:9000; transition:fade;]
This campaign includes distribution of posters and advertisement in the local newspapers to get the child abuse prevention message out to the public.
Some of the previous campaigns have included:
- “Imagine a World Without Child Abuse – Are We There Yet?”,
- “Listen With Your Heart”,
- “Words Hurt,”
- “Domestic Violence is Child Abuse,”
- “Babies Are Fragile…Never Shake a Baby,”
- “Never Hurt a Child…Never Never Never,”
- “Beat The Addiction, Not Your Child.”
Poster designs for the campaigns are the result of a contest among the students of a design class at Cal Poly. The students learn by doing and SLO-CAP receives a valuable product.