“We’ve achieved a 12% decrease in child abuse in SLO County.”*
Center for Family Strengthening’s unique programs support the needs of children and families and make a difference in their lives.
- Parent Connection has helped over 3,500 parents improve their parenting skills, create greater family unity and instill self-discipline in children.
- Postpartum Depression Support provides emotional support to more than 500 women.
- Kidz Toolbox for Personal Safety educates 4,500 children with self-protective and safety skills each year.
- Beginnings of San Luis Obispo educates 7,000 students and community members each year about the negative impact of prenatal substance use on the developing child.
- Mandated Reporter of suspected child abuse training educates the community on child abuse reporting laws.
- Promotores Collaborative builds healthy families through Spanish-speaking volunteer advocates working with the community.
- Dental Care for Kids makes dental care accessible to children who do not qualify for Medi-Cal coverage and cannot afford services.
- Advisory Community Board for Nurse-Family Partnership helps at-risk, mothers have healthy pregnancies.
- Partnership for Excellence in Family Support, the network of 14 Family Resource Centers providing families with high-quality services and opportunities to thrive.
*Source: Vital Signs – 2013 Applied Survey Research