Promotores Collaborative of San Luis Obispo County
805.543.6216 or firstname.lastname@example.org
MISSION: To build, foster, and support a network of Promotores throughout San Luis Obispo County by providing training, emotional support, and materials to empower a healthier community.
VISION: We envision sustainable, diverse, comprehensive and equal access to healthcare and services among all our members of our community.
- All people have a right to equal access to health services.
- Healthy communities utilize culturally and linguistically compatible tools, resources, and information to make informed, autonomous decisions about their health and wellness.
- Linguistic and cultural sensitivity throughout the health care system promote equality among diverse community members.
- Empowerment is key to sustainably supporting healthy communities.
- Collaboration and alliance building are essential in breaking down barriers to healthy living.
Do you want to partner with the Promotores Collaborative? Contact the Promotores Collaborative Coordinator at email@example.com.
The goal of the Promotores Collaborative:
To develop a sustainable, diverse, and comprehensive culture that promotes equal access to community resources and services among all members of the Hispanic community in San Luis Obispo County.
In order to do so, we must ensure that the basic needs of all San Luis Obispo County residents are met. Access to inclusive and wide-ranging resource options is a fundamental component to sustaining a truly healthy community; without it, we cannot begin to tackle the countless health issues that disproportionately affect the most vulnerable of our community.
After completing 40 hours of training, the Promotores are provided with the tools needed to work as advocates, change agents, and partners with local agencies for positive change.
“Promotores have made a huge difference in our County. They are able to keep the Spanish speaking community engaged and help them find the services they need. They have made us a more united community as well as a community that works for everyone.” ~ Marci Powers, Coordinator, SLO County Anti-Gang Commission
For more information about the Promotores Collaborative and how to utilize the services provided, please contact the Promotores Collaborative Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
The first graduating class of promotores from South San Luis Obispo County in June 2013.
Thank you to our sponsors of the
Promotores Collaborative of San Luis Obispo County: