Child Abuse Prevention Academy
Every year in partnership with Cuesta Community College, Center for Family Strengthening holds a Child Abuse Prevention Academy for students, professionals, and community members.
2018 Child Abuse Prevention Academy
Friday April 20, 2018
9am – 12pm
Cuesta College, San Luis Obispo Campus
Featuring the Groundbreaking Documentary “Resilience”. With a reflective discussion facilitated by Katie Cohen, Psy.D., Supervisor, Martha’s Place Children’s Assessment & Treatment Center. Learn more & register here!
Historically participants have:
- Learned how to report incidents of suspected child abuse,
- Understand what occurs after a report,
- Gained knowledge about the Child Welfare Services system and resources for families in the community.
Learning objectives have expanded to include:
- An understanding of trauma and resilience
- Deeper knowledge of SLO County community-based resources
- Knowledge of family strengthening approaches and practices
For information about the next Annual Child Abuse Prevention Academy or to schedule a presentation or training for your site, please contact us at 805-543-6216 or email@example.com.
2014 Child Abuse Prevention Academy Hand-Outs
Nisha Abdul Cader M.D. Power Point Presentation CAA Medical Aspects of Child Abuse 14.04