SoCal Learning Community Regional Convening
Building Community Engagement into Your Family Strengthening Collaboration
Services alone do not change communities. The next SoCal convening hosts leaders in the family strengthening field whose work exemplifies that community engagement improves service development, strengthens outcomes, and creates a culture of shared investment.
Presenters: A panel of community engagement specialists from Safe Long Beach will present. Safe Long Beach is a Citywide violence prevention plan adopted by Long Beach City Council which addresses a broad safety agenda aimed at reducing all forms of violence, including domestic abuse, child abuse, elder abuse, hate crimes, bullying, gang violence, and violent crime. The panel will include members of the Safe Long Beach coordination team and workgroups.
Why participate? Explore the impact of developing a culture of awareness, empowerment and knowledge sharing for institutions, communities, parents and youth. Strengthen partnerships within the Southern California region and learn community engagement strategies to implement in your work.
Date: Thursday December 7, 2017 Time: 9:30am – 2:30pm
Ways to participate:
- In person at the Center for Healthy Communities, The California Endowment, 1000 N. Alameda Street; Los Angeles CA 90012.
- In person at the Atascadero Family Resource Center, 6500 Morro Rd. Suite A; Atascadero 93422.
- In person at San Diego State University, School of Social Work, Social Policy Institute, 6505 Alvarado Road, San Diego, CA 92120
- Online and LIVE from your own computer.
Enrollment in this professional learning and networking opportunity is free. Space is limited. Please enroll early and let us know if can’t make it so we can offer your seat to someone on the waitlist!
Enrolling is an easy process:
2) Complete a one-time, free registration by creating a username and password.
3) Enroll in the 12/7/17 SoCal Regional Convening.
Once you are registered in the Strategies 2.0 system please log in to enroll in future regional events, trainings and webinars.